Seattle Adventures

Sign at the Soul Food Coffee House, Redmond, WA

I’ve spent an incredible last 16 hours in the Seattle, Washington area.  I came here to visit my dear friend, Yafa, and adventure with her, so today’s post is a bit about the adventure so far.

When I arrived late last night, Yafa came to pick me up at the very crowded airport.  We agreed to meet at the airport parking lot, but she couldn’t find me right away and pulled over so I could find her.

And that’s when the adventure began.

She pulled over on a raised curb and her car got stuck on the front axle:

Here’s the car, stuck on the curb

We couldn’t move the car.  She called AAA who said that they’d send someone out by 1:30am.

Hmmmmm.

Fortunately, with the help of Andre, a heroic SEA-TAC parking security officer, some analysis of the car angle & a little prayer, we were eventually able to drive the car gently off the curb.  We called AAA, canceled the tow and headed back to her place, arriving just after 12:30.

After a delicious gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and decompressing from our first adventure, I got some sleep and woke up early to do a 3-mile walk with my dear friend, Anne (with whom I forgot to get a picture–sad me!).  We got to see beautiful views of Seattle:

View of Seattle from our walk (you can see the space needle on the right)

And, we even met a troll:

He was very friendly, in fact

After finishing our walk, Yafa and I grabbed some lunch and went out to spend some time in nature.  We stopped by Snoqualmie Falls Park:

And Lake Sammamish: 

This time, I remembered to get a selfie:

And now, after a little toy shopping, we’re planted in a warm coffee shop, and I am getting caught up on some blogging and e-mail.  It’s lovely work-life balance. Working with love and joy.  Living with adventure.

One thought on “Seattle Adventures