Transitions

Photograph of a little girl in a red dress with a white hat with red ribbon

Image by Hai Nguyen from Pixabay

Sometimes there is not a right or wrong answer.

Sometimes every choice you make has consequences, good or bad, for people you deeply care about, yourself included.

And that is hard.

Sometimes important journeys come to an end to make room for new journeys to begin.

Sometimes those journeys are filled with people you adore, that are a part of your heart. And as you reflect on the moments spent with them, you wonder whether there’s any sense in taking a new path.

There is sense in it.

And there would be sense in continuing down the path you know.

There is not a right or wrong answer.

Sometimes, there’s not even a best answer.

There are just choices to be made.

But when you are someone who never intends to do wrong, it is hard to not have a black and white answer. It is hard when life becomes more complex than good and bad, right and wrong. It is hard when you know that some people will be disappointed or hurt or upset no matter what you choose, even though also, there will be those that will be joyful and have peace in that same choice.

It is hard when you are just learning that you too deserve joy and peace, and then different parts of you see different paths to joy and peace.

It is then that you realize that there is no right or wrong, even for yourself.

I am not good with transitions, at least not in my head.

Yet, it seems I have been constantly in transition for 2/3 of my life.

And I am here. I have survived these transitions. I am thriving in some parts of my life, even with these transitions.

Sometimes you realize that transitions themselves bring emotions, and that these emotions are not right or wrong, good or bad. They just are. And they are who I am.

I am learning that there is sometimes not a right or wrong answer.

I am learning that some days our emotions will not wait patiently for our schedules to have time for them.

And that is not right or wrong either.

It is human.

They are who I am.

I am who I am.

Fully human, fully imperfect, trying my best to honor myself, my community & those I love most.